Questions on Project Stakeholder Management
The implementation of which of the following processes decreases the risk of project failure?
- Manage stakeholder engagement
- Control stakeholder engagement
- Plan stakeholder management
- Develop stakeholder engagement
The five levels of stakeholder engagement are...?
- Oblivious, opposed, neutral, proactive, driving
- Unaware, opposed, neutral, supportive, driving
- Oblivious, resistant, neutral, supportive, leading
- Unaware, resistant, neutral, supportive, leading
Plan stakeholder management is fundamentally concerned with all the following except...?
- Developing strategies to effectively engage stakeholders throughout the project
- Development of the stakeholder register
- Development of the stakeholder management plan
- Identifying how the project will affect stakeholders
You are engaged in gathering information from stake holders regarding whose interests should be taken into account throughout the project. This is called:
- Identify stakeholders
- Stakeholder analysis
- Expert judgment
- Plan stakeholder management
Which of the following is not included in the Stakeholder Management Plan?
- Project lifecycle
- Communications requirements
- Impact of scope changes to stakeholders
- Stakeholder management strategy
Most projects will have a ___________ number of stakeholders.
Which of the following is not an input to the Control Stakeholder Engagement process?
- Project management plan
- Issue log
- Project documents
- Work performance information
The ability of stakeholders to influence the project is typically highest at the _________ stages.
The three 'I's' of stakeholders are...?
- Independence, influence and inquiry
- Importance, inquiry and influence
- Interest, influence and importance
- Influence, inquiry and importance
A stakeholder is...?
- Anyone who is involved in the project
- Anyone positively or negatively impacted by the project
- Anyone who can influence the direction of the project
- Anyone who can impact/be impacted positively or negatively by the project
- A - Manage stakeholder engagement decreases risk of project failure. PMBOK® Guide, 5th edition, p. 406
- D - The correct selection is: Unaware, Resistant, Neutral, Supporting, Leading. PMBOK® Guide, 5th edition, p. 402
- B - The stakeholder register is created in the Identify Stakeholders process. PMBOK® Guide, 5th edition, p.398
- B - This is called a stakeholder analysis. PMBOK® Guide, 5th edition, p. 395
- A - The project lifecycle is selected and defined in the project management plan. PMBOK® Guide, 5th edition, p. 400
- C - A diverse number of stakeholders. PMBOK® Guide, 5th edition, p. 394
- D - Work performance information is an output of control stakeholder engagement. PMBOK® Guide, 5th edition, p. 413
- B - the initial stages. PMBOK® Guide, 5th edition, p. 406
- C - Interest, influence and importance.
- D - Anyone who can impact/be impacted positively or negatively by the project. PMBOK® Guide, 5th edition, p. 391
PreparePM thanks Richard Perrin for contributing these questions on Project Stakeholder Management.
Visit the Stakeholder Management tutorial to brush up on the topic.